iOS 10.3 update now available for Apple devices, comes with new Apple File System, watchOS 3.2 and many more features
Apple has started pushing the new iOS 10.3 update to its Apple devices starting today after so many beta runs and this new iOS v10.3 comes with a handful of new exciting features including the new Apple file system to access every single file on your Apple phone or other Apple device. The new update also brings other features like My AirPods support using Find my iPhone, CarPlay improvements, improved Siri, support for searching “parked car” in Maps many other new improvements, fixes and enhancements. The new iOS 10.3 update brings following new features and fixes
to your Apple devices:
Find My iPhone
- View the current or last known location of your AirPods
- Play a sound on one or both AirPods to help you find them
- Support for paying and checking status of bills with payment apps
- Support for scheduling with ride booking apps
- Support for checking car fuel level, lock status, turning on lights and activating horn with automaker apps
- Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to last used apps
- Apple Music Now Playing screen gives access to Up Next and the currently playing song’s album
- Daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
Other improvements and fixes
- Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
- New Settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings and devices
- Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch on the displayed current temperature
- Support for searching “parked car” in Maps
- Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
- Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons
- Home app support for accessory battery level status
- Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows
- Podcast shows or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location & Privacy
- VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari and Mail
The company has also started rolling the new macOS 10.12.4 update to the compatible devices around the world. The new update brings stability improvements, compatibility improvements and improved security of your Mac. It brings following fixes and improvements to your Mac:
- Adds Night Shift for automatically shifting the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum after dark.
- Adds Siri support for cricket scores, schedules, and player rosters from the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
- Adds Dictation support for Shanghainese.
- Improves right-to-left language support for the Touch Bar, toolbar, and visual tab picker in Safari.
- Resolves several PDF rendering and annotation issues in Preview.
- Improves the visibility of the subject line when using Conversation View in Mail.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent content from appearing in Mail messages.
- Adds support for more digital camera RAW formats.
- Adds the tethered-caching command, which optimizes certain downloads for iOS devices tethered via USB. For details, enter man tethered-caching in Terminal.
- Updates the security command to include the delete-identity option, which deletes both a certificate and its private key from a keychain. For details, enter man security in Terminal.
- Updates the profiles command to include the -N flag, which displays a device-enrollment notification that prompts the user to complete Mobile Device Management (MDM) enrollment. For details, enter man profiles in Terminal.
- Fixes an issue that causes notebook computers connected to certain docking stations to display a blank screen instead of the macOS login window on the built-in display.
- Fixes an issue that causes a newly changed user-account password to be rejected at the macOS login window, if FileVault is turned on.
- Adds the ability to automatically renew certain certificates delivered via a configuration profile.
- Includes numerous Xsan fixes.
The company has also started rolling the new watchOS 3.2 to the Apple wearable devices. The new update brings new features like Theatre Mode, SiriKit and many other features as well. The company is also rolling the new tvOS 10.2 update to the Apple Tv that comes with features suc as:
- Accelerated Scrolling support for UIKit and TVMLKit apps
- Device Enrollment Program support
- Expanded Mobile Device Management support
- Support for the VideoToolbox framework